Monday, May 12, 2014

I'm doing what I set out to do six years ago!

It's 10am, Monday morning, 12th May 2014 and I've just sat down in front of the computer to officially start my new freelance job as a surface pattern designer. I can't quite believe it to be honest, I'm doing what I love and getting paid for it! I had a dream six years ago and it's finally, finally come true.



When my youngest was one I made a decision that I wanted to somehow achieve the following:

Work from home so I could be there for the kids
Do something I love
Work for myself
Earn decent money

Well it's took me a while, there has been a bit of a major detour on the way, in the form of my first business, Cheeky Pickle, but after 6 long years of working very, very hard I feel like I'm finally about to make that dream come true!

Other News

My work will be showcased at the very big and prestigious Surtex Trade Fair in New York this week too, something I didn't think I would achieve until 2015 at the earliest. So I'm excited about that  right now. I was also featured on The Design Juices Blog this week too. Read it here. 

Have a great week!
Ali x






2 comments:

  1. Congratulations - you've worked so hard on your dream it could only come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah. I don't think I know HOW to have a day off anymore!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete