Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday..........yes it was very good actually

I've been enjoying these school holidays a bit too much this Easter. We have had far too many lazy days at home, not much work has been completed and I have actually relaxed. Which if you know me, is almost unheard of. I am naturally an active and very busy person who struggles to ever sit down. Even when I'm on holiday, you will find me doing a 10k run most mornings at 7am!

But being around the house for a change has done us all the world of good. We have had time to talk, laugh and play, and I think we've all benefited in a big way. When do we all get time time to just stop and "be" in todays crazy, busy life.

From Manchester to the Peninsula, a long journey in every sense 

My husband and I have come a long way from our upbringing in the very industrial City of Manchester, in the U.K and feel extremely lucky and privileged to be living where we do now, on The Mornington Peninsula. To bring our children up in Australia, and especially here by the sea is a dream come true, and there isn't a day that goes by where i don't look out at the sea and not appreciate where we have finally landed.

So today we decided to blow away the cobwebs, get out of the house and get active. Off we went for a fantastic walk on the Peninsula and once again i was left feeling stunned by what is on our doorstep and very lucky to just "be".


What a life!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Ali and co for such a wonderful journey. And yay I am SO GLAD YOU RELAXED.

    Know this lady the way I do the word 'relax' is not in her personal dictionary.

    Happy holidays "B-crew".
    All our love from north of the border. xxxx

    ReplyDelete