Sunday, May 01, 2011

Something very different from me

Winter is approaching and this is the time we crafties tend to stay home, work hard and stock up big style, ready for the run up to Christmas. It's very satisfying when you get to see lot's and lot's of your finished products all packaged up and ready to go to market.

I actually think this is why a lot of women go into the craft business once they have children. It's the only time you ever get to FINISH anything. With kids, there is always something else that needs to be done, and of course the housework is NEVER finished with kids around!!

My frames arrived yesterday, ready for RED HILL MARKET next Saturday and they look fantastic. Some customers just can't see how my designs will look, until they are framed. So i think i will photograph all my work framed from now on. Take a peek....



I've also been toying with some new ideas I've had swimming around in my head for at least a year now. Just frustratingly, never got around to putting them on paper.

I've been dabbling once again with some designs outside of the children's bedroom and it is so nice to have a little break from pink and blue. These are a few of the papers I've been trialling and some of my finished stitched cards (which look fantastic framed in a line of three).

I'm really pleased with the way the cards have turned out, so can't wait to get started on the larger pieces. I just know i'm going to be spending a fortune at the paper shop once i get started!

Ideas. ideas.......

Stitched cards. Send to loved ones or frame and keep


No comments:

Post a Comment