Saturday, January 08, 2011

Ready, steady.........plod

I've had a very slow start to the New Year as far as switching my creative brain on, and i've made every excuse under the sun not to enter my little Art studio. What with Christmas, the kids being off school, needing a break after a massive pre Christmas rush, where i was making like a crazy person possessed...........but at the end of the day these are all excuses, excuses!!


But what people don't realise, is that being a bit crafty is a bit like exercising. The longer you leave it, the harder it is to get back into it. And i'm kind of at that point at the moment.

Anyway, today has been a good day and i've entered my studio for the first time in weeks and cleaned it, tidied it, dusted it and done a bit of organising. And i feel good!
I've bought some new papers. Lot's of red's stood out today and i went with my heart rather than with what i thought would sell, which is what i usually do.


I have a little monkey at home (Greta) who is also partial to a bit of red, when i can drag her away from pink. So i've decided to make something for the girls bedroom. Not sure what yet, but hopefully once i get going it will get the creative juices flowing a bit more freely and i'll be gunning it for the rest of 2011.

Some gorgeous papers in red's and creams. I'm quite excited now. New design or an old favourite, mmmm...................

Greta, also gorgeous in red!

No comments:

Post a Comment